Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Cookies, Anyone?

While I was stocking my new kitchen with the essentials after our move, I came across an almond cookie recipe on the back of my new bottle of almond extract. I have collected several almond cookie recipes lately and none have failed to delight. So I'm passing another winner along.


Lucky for us, my "baby" sister Megan is here, visiting while she gets settled into her apartment in Lincoln...she will be starting graduate school in just a few weeks at the University of Nebraska. What a blessing that she will be right down the road! And how ironic that she is a dietitian...helping us make cookies...


Almond White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

1 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
8 oz. white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 1/3 cup slivered almonds

Beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and extract; beat until well blended. Mix flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture until well mixed. Stir in chocolate and almonds. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, or until edges are browned. Cool on wire racks.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Hi McIleece Family,
We are so glad that you have joined the blogging world! I love it! It makes it so much fun for family and friends to stay connected. Can I add your family to my link of family and friends?
Thanks for the new address and phone numbers. The cards are so cute. You always do such a great job at sending cute cards. Glad you are all safe and home at last.
Love,
The Napoleons

Anonymous said...

I'd be delighted to be linked up! I check your family's spot faithfully...your kids are beautiful. And that baby! YUMMY!