Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mexican Chicken!

I'm all for crock pot cooking. Especially on Sunday. There is nothing like coming home from church to the smell of dinner already half done. And thanks to the fabulous Jeni Harmon, I had a new recipe to try this week.

Easy Mexican Chicken

3 large chicken breasts (I used about 10 chicken tenderloins)
1 can of corn
1 can of black beans
1 small jar of salsa

Cook all ingredients in a slow cooker for 8 hours. Remove chicken pieces and shred (I cut mine into very thin strips) and put back into pot for another hour. Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce with chips, sour cream, cheese, avocado...



YUMMY! Thanks Jeni.




Speaking of slow cookers, my mom turned me on to these slow cooker liners. I tried one with this meal for the first time and it was fantastic. No scrubbing at all. Worth a try.

No comments: