Saturday, November 24, 2007

Enjoying the Season

I love everything about Christmas. The music. The smells. The tastes. I like to try and make the season last as long as possible. And every year, I end up putting Christmas up by myself because Tony refuses to help unless it is actually December when I get the boxes out. Grinch. Anyway, today was the day! Megan helped put the tree up and decorate for the first time in our new home. It turned out beautifully! Just a few pictures...





I love that the tree is the first thing our guests will see when they come in the front door...we did a little decorating downstairs too, but most of the family favorites are upstairs. I didn't realize how much I had downsized from last year and only kept my very favorites for the move. But I like it simple that way.

Lots of you know that my main tree in the living room is decorated exclusively in angel ornaments. Most of them have been gifts from dear friends and quite a few from my mom. I wanted to share the stories of a few, but tonight, I'll just share one.

This little treasure was a birthday gift from my mom several years ago. I love it because I know she got it in Alaska because it is decidedly Russian. And its made of wood, intricately carved and beautifully painted. I look forward to unwrapping her every year. More to come another day...

9 comments:

April said...

Is that RAGS on the Christmas Tree?

Megalicious said...

yes, rags is MY christmas angel...I didn't realize she would be taking pictures or I wouldn't have left him there...

Anonymous said...

You should have heard me laugh when I saw Rags on the Christmas tree. I am still chuckling to
myself. I thought maybe Tony
put him there as the ultimate Christmas Rags joke. TOO funny.

the mom

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful. I really love your stockings!

Jeni

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Your home is looking very "Amber-esque". FABULOUS! Who is Rags? I assume it's the rabbit? Fill us outsiders in on the inside joke...Love you.
Wendy

Rosanne said...

Your house looks great! Thanks for sharing! And what a great idea about only angels on your tree - beautiful. :) Miss ya!

Leenz said...

Ummm, can you come decorate my house?

Amber M. said...

Everyone...Rags is my sister's white stuffed dog that she takes everywhere with her. It's the family joke to put Rags in "interesting" places...aka hanging from the moving ceiling fan by his neck, upside down out a window...Anyway, she put Rags on our tree because he is her "angel" (gag) and I snapped the picture before I saw it there. Lovely.

Kristi said...

Everything looks so cozy and festive, Amber! I can't wait to see it in person!