Saturday, November 3, 2007

I {heart} Lincoln

What a FUN day! I met Kristi in Lincoln this morning at one of our old favorite haunts, shopped a bit and then headed over to our friend Leah Pobanz's baby shower.
Let me tell you a little about Leah. First of all, she is absolutely beautiful. She is also one of the kindest, most gracious people I have ever met. She and her husband Chris moved into our ward in Lincoln just as Tony started his third year of law school and Chris was just starting dental school. We scooped Leah right up and she became a part of our Lincoln family very quickly. So we were so happy to hear that after Chris graduated from dental school, he decided to stay 2 extra years to pursue oral surgery...and that we would get to visit with them again when we moved back to Nebraska. But we were even happier to hear that they were finally expecting their first baby...a dream come true for this little family!
So we made the trip today to celebrate the birth of baby Kate (who came 3 weeks early and is still in the NICU learning how to breathe on her own) and shower Leah with gifts!


But why stop the fun there? After the shower, Kristi, Lisa Stolte and I headed over to Red Robin and met up with my sister Megan to have lunch together. Lunch was delicious and served quite admirably by a server with his Husker red on and black paint under his eyes (I tell you, they're die-hards in Lincoln).


Then Kristi and I hit two more scrapbook stores, Aunt Patty's Attic, and The Calico House...all of which delighted us, but was a little exhausting for Josh.
All in all, pretty much the perfect day.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Yep, definitely a perfect day! Such fun, I wish we could do this more often. Although I suspect my pocketbook and my head would beg to differ.

April said...

What a fun day! I'm always so jealous to see pictures of you and Mugs! We love you!

Unknown said...

Hey, You don't know me but, my name is Kelley Howe. I was best freinds with Leah Pobanz in high school. I was wondering if you knew her email address so I could contact her. You can ask her first if you want, my maiden name was Kelley Stanford. I would appreciate it SO much!!! My email address is: kelleyhowephoto@gmail.com