Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thanksgiving Blessing Mix

These are the little goodies I came up with for the month of November for the ladies that my friend and I visit each month for church. I found these adorable leaf shaped ramekins at Target (where else?) and then filled them with "blessing mix" and then attached the tag that explains the mix with twine.


Thanksgiving Blessing Mix

BUGLES--Shaped like a cornucopia, a symbol of our nation's abundance.
PRETZELS--Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by those who founded our country.
CANDY CORN--The sacrifices of the first winter. Food was so scarce that settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn a day.
NUTS & SEEDS--Promise of a future harvest, one we will reap only if seeds are planted and tended with diligence.
DRIED FRUIT--Harvest gifts from our bountiful land.
M&Ms--Memories of those who came before us to lead us into a blessed future.
CHOCOLATE KISSES--The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.


For more great Fall/Thanksgiving ideas, check out Scribbit's Winter Bazaar!

11 comments:

Kristi said...

Yeah it's fixed!! Just wanted to say how cute this is!

April said...

Cute, I think I might use it for my VTing too! Love it! Where do you come up with all these stinkin' ideas? Pass some of that brain power by way!

Melissa Markham said...

Fantastic! What a neat idea!

Montserrat said...

How funny I posted the same thing for the Winter Bazaar! But you beat me to it. I'm slow this morning.

Scribbit said...

Cute too, this stuff must be good if it gets two entries on it!

Cherie said...

What a wonderful gift idea! I am going to use it for my own VT this month. Thanks!!

Rosanne said...

Great idea! I might have to figure out some way to work this into my RS lesson this month. :) Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I am going to do it too.

Jeni

Jeremy Shorts said...

You never cease to amaze me. How do you do it? Thanks for the fabulous idea! Loves! Jandi

Unknown said...

Hey, You don't know me but, my name is Kelley Howe. I was best freinds with Leah Pobanz in high school. I was wondering if you knew her email address so I could contact her. You can ask her first if you want, my maiden name was Kelley Stanford. I would appreciate it SO much!!! My email address is: kelleyhowephoto@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the "recipe". This I can do! Actually, I did. It was nice to have a clever something to give to my new friends in LA. Your new nickname is BHAG. AKA Better Homes And Gardens! You rock!