Sunday, December 9, 2007

My BIG FAT Apology


Okay, I owe some people around me a huge apology. I must admit, I gave many of you a hard time, even teased you. Couldn't believe that you could actually be reading, nay, ENJOYING a romance about vampires. Not just vampires, but GOOD vampires. Well, Kristi gave me her copy of Twilight to read early last week and said I really should try it out. Well, I have been bitten. I haven't been able to put them down! I'm halfway through Eclipse now, and forgot how fun it can be to read for pure pleasure sake. This self-professed "book snob" has been humbled. So everyone out there that I may have mocked, I'm eating big, black CROW!

Today's the last chance to get in on Giveaway #1.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you said that you had been "bitten" by the vampire
books. I enjoyed them, too.

the mom

Cherie said...

Ok, I think I am going to have to go back and read the first one again, because I just didn't get it! But everyone I know really seems to like these books. I couldn't get over the fact that she is only 17 and he is way old and always wanting to bite her. I just kept thinking what a dumb young girl...I guess I am not that romantic :).

Kristi said...

I am glad you found another copy of New Moon. When I got done with Twilight, I had to go out and buy the other two because I just couldn't wait to find out what happened. And you know me, I am not a book buyer. When you get done with Eclipse, we will have to chat more.

Leenz said...

I remember asking you what you thought about these books before I read them. Your recommendation was "meh". I forged ahead anyway and read all three. You are right, it's simply about reading for pleasure.