Thursday, January 24, 2008

Crock-Pot Love & a Word Wizard

In my blog-hopping this morning, I came across Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and she hosts Slow Cooking Thursday, a chance to share tried-and-true crock-pot recipes. And as luck would have it, I tried a great new slow cooker recipe for my family last night from my Gooseberry Patch Slow Cooker recipe book. Easy, and delicious!

Italian Sausage & Penne

3/4 lb. hot uncooked Italian sausage links, cut into bite sized pieces
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
26 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce
6 oz. cooked penne pasta

Stir all ingredients together except pasta in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. At serving time, stir in cooked pasta. Makes 4 servings.


I took the liberty of adding some grated Parmesan cheese to the top and served it with rolls.

And in other *exciting* news, Sam is now officially a Word Wizard! This means that he has memorized all 100 of the 1st grade Fry Sight Words and passed an oral test given by the principal of his elementary school. Even though he has been very good at his sight reading words since before Christmas, he only wanted to be tested when he felt ready. We're so proud of him!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks great. I stole it! Thnaks for sharing.


MJ

Betsy said...

Looks great!!

Garrett Gang said...

WAY TO GO, SAM!!!

That looks like Reid's favorite dish at Mackenzie River Pizza Co... I will have to try that one this week!

Kristi said...

Mmmmm...looks yummy! My kids are finally starting to like pasta. Have you tried the Barilla Plus pasta? It has extra protein compared to regular white pasta, only it still looks white. One night this week we made pizza pasta- pasta + any pizza toppings + a can of pizza sauce and a sprinkle of cheese- it was a big hit too!

Marisa said...

Way to go SAM!!!! And I love the crock-pot idea, maybe I'll start some of my own and check yours every Thursday too. You can never have too many recipes for the crockpot-the trick is to get ones that people have actually made so you know they're edible.

Marisa said...

PS do the Wirick's have a blog page you're aware of? I've been wondering about them lately.

Sandra said...

Welcome to SCT :) Glad you found us.

I LOVE this recipe, I have the same cookbook and have tried it before, it's really good. Thanks for sharing it :)

Anonymous said...

Sam,

I'm so proud of you!

Love,

grandpa

jennwa said...

Yummy and easy recipe.

Way to go Sam!!!!! A job well done.

Anonymous said...

The recipe sounds good...I was just at the store and picked everything I need to make it.

Thanks!
Jeni

Leenz said...

Congrats Sam!

Ice Cream said...

Yummy. Thanks for the Thursday crockpot recipe link. And CONGRATS to your son.