Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Felt Valentine Fortune Cookies

Another winner from Martha! This one is from the current issue (February, page 48) of Martha Stewart Living and is so easy...just requires a bit of patience while you wait for the glue to dry! Perfect to do with (or for) children.


Cut a 4 1/2 inch diameter circle from a piece of felt.Cut a piece of matching ribbon just short of 4 1/2 inches. Using wire cutters, cut a piece of floral wire slightly shorter than the length of ribbon. Use tacky glue to attach floral wire across the center of a felt circle. Glue the piece of ribbon to cover the wire. Allow to dry completely.

When dry, fold the circle in half along wire, with the ribbon folded inside. Then bend the wire in half and bring the sides together fold to fold and forming a fortune cookie shape. Carefully pull back one side of the felt cookie and place a fortune inside with a few candies (I used candy kisses) . Fold the flap back over the fortune and treats.

For more great ideas to help keep your family from going crazy this winter, check out Scribbit's Winter Bazaar.

7 comments:

jennwa said...

I love that idea. It is so cute. I may have to do that one for Valentines's day. Thanks for the cute idea.

zakkalife said...

What a great idea. I'll have to check out the new issue. Thanks for sharing.

jessica

zakkalife said...

Forgot to say, I just love all those M blocks in your banner. I just love that style.

Kristi said...

Totally cute!! Felt is just so fun!! Can't wait to see you guys on Friday!!

Anonymous said...

Those are super cute.

Love,
Jeni

Montserrat said...

These are a great idea. I think I might do these for my own kids for Valentine's Day.

Scribbit said...

Now are you going to post what the fortunes said? :)

I was in with your dad today and he said you'd be up this summer, you're going to have to reserve a night to come play some games and eat some food together. I'm going to insist!:)