Friday, February 1, 2008

5K & A Happy Kid

So Tony and I had our Friday night date a little early today...we met over at the fieldhouse on base this morning and ran in a 5K race together. Now, Tony could have finished the race AND has two protein shakes by the time I finished, but he stuck it out with me anyway and it was great running with my best friend. There wasn't much of a turnout and we got lapped (TWICE) by a First Shirt, but we still had a fantastic time running together. It's something that we rarely get to do together and after I got used to the weird feeling of actually going somewhere when I run (I usually do all my running on my treadmill), I had a blast. It was my first 5K since I ran cross-country in high school. We did it in 34:11...and now I have a personal best to beat!

And in other exciting news, Josh is finally over the worst of his double ear infection. It has been a miserable week for him and it is wonderful to finally see him smile again...despite the amoxicillin rash. If he could talk, I bet he'd say it's a pretty small price to pay to feel better.

7 comments:

Camie said...

Oh if only I could run a 5k

jennwa said...

That sounds like a fun morning. I am glad to hear Josh is feeling better. Ear infections are no fun.

Kristi said...

So glad that Josh is feeling better!! And the spikey hair is just killing me- such a cutie!!

Bonnie B. said...

Congrats on running the 5K. What a great date idea!

The Brough Family said...

Amber you're awesome!! What a fun date. Maybe someday I'll make it into the field house to see what the track looks like!!

Rosanne said...

Good job on the 5K! :)
Glad J. is feeling better-poor thing. :(

Leenz said...

Congrats you track stars! Running races can be so rewarding.