Thursday, February 7, 2008

BBQ Ribs

This is an absolute family favorite that my friend Jeni shared with me many moons ago. We use it at least once a month because it's easy and delicious. We love to serve it with biscuits, corn on the cob, potato salad and baked beans...even in the middle of the winter. For more excellent slow cooker recipes, check out Sandra's Slow Cookin' Thursday!

BBQ Ribs

3 1/2 lbs. pork loin back ribs (if I'm feeding a crowd, I'll use country style ribs because they have more meat on them)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 Tbsp. liquid smoke
2 cloves pressed garlic
1 tsp. salt
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 cup cola or water
1 1/2 cup favorite BBQ sauce

Spray inside of your crockpot with cooking spray or put liner inside. Mix brown sugar, pepper, liquid smoke, garlic and salt; rub into ribs. If using back ribs, cut into 4 inch pieces. Layer ribs and onion into pot. Pour cola over ribs. Cover and cook on low setting for 8-9 hours or until tender. Dip ribs and discard liquid and onion. Dip ribs into BBQ sauce and then put them back into crockpot. Pour remaining BBQ sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on low setting for 1 more hour.
Yummy!


Check out Randi's Recipe Box Swap today for MORE great recipes!!


Photobucket

13 comments:

Stephanie ODea said...

that sounds like a wonderful rib sauce!
-steph

Sandra said...

Love ribs and this sounds really good. Thank you for sharing :)

Cherie said...

Amber,
These look great! Kalani loves ribs so we will give them a try! Thanks for sharing.

jennwa said...

They good and messy. I wanted to lick my screen. Yum.

Anonymous said...

MMM! I have not made these in quite a while...not since Steve left. Now I am craving them!

Love,
Jeni

Junie Moon said...

A perfect recipe for me as we just bought some pork ribs. Now I can try your recipe. Thank you!

Kristi said...

Yummy!! Troy is not a big rib fan, but my boys recently discovered that they loved them. This recipe might just convert him over to the dark side!!

Anonymous said...

These looks o good. Thanks for sharing.

MJ

Sharon said...

Well Girl....

Drool....Drool!
Thanks for taking time to share with us.

Randi had a good idea, eh? LOL

Renna said...

I can harldy wait to try this recipe! I have never once made a successful rib dinner (always too chewy). I'd already told my hubby I wasn't even going to bother trying anymore...but I will. I think this may be my winner! :-)

The Proverbs Wife said...

Those ribs look good.

Bonnie B. said...

Yuuuuummmmm....I am always looking for a new crockpot recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Marilyn@A Mixed Bouquet said...

Yum, yum, yum! Thanks!