Saturday, February 23, 2008

Card Group Cards & A New Personal Best

Fun day today. Got a whole slew of things accomplished. I also took some "fun time" for me and finished up my card group cards for this month's exchange. The challenge was to create a card that could be used to give a gift card, instead of the strange little wrap-around things they give you at the store. AND I just used my stash, which is the best part. (The flowers are white, despite what they look like in the picture!)


And in other exciting news, Tony and I ran another 5K race this morning. And despite a puny training week for me because of my nasty cold, we still managed to set a new personal best time of 33:25...about 45 seconds off our last race time. Bless Tony's heart, he stayed with me and encouraged me the entire race. What a guy!

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

wow, you are so amazing! i wish i could get cubby to run 5ks with me! do you guys know of 5k runs called "no frills runs"? they're put on by the omaha running club--http://www.omaharun.org/running/calendar.php you guys should check it out :-). cute cards too, by the way!

Amber M. said...

We'll have to check that out...we usually go through the base, but we're always looking for fun 5Ks that aren't on Sunday. THANKS!!

Anonymous said...

Cute cards, Amber, and from your
stash, too. Nice job.

Congratulations on your race!

the mom

Montserrat said...

The cards are great!

And go you! I don't think I could even run a 5k.

The Brough Family said...

You simply amaze me!

The Bennett Bunch said...

Oh those cards are so cute!! Love em!!!

Kristi said...

Love the cards!! Can't wait to see them in person!

Albanie said...

um yeah, my sister asked me to do a race with her. I said "NO WAY!" Admiration to the both of you for doing it!