Sunday, February 10, 2008

February VT Gifts

My dear friend Kristi encouraged me to share some of the ideas that I come up with for visiting teaching gifts for the ladies that we visit each month. I try to come up with something that is about $1 and challenge myself to create something fun out of it. For November, for example, I used these ceramic leaf ramekins from Target's $1 spot and filled them with blessing mix. I usually start thinking about things for the next month's gift a month ahead of time because like any inexpensive, cute things, they're gone before you know it. I got the heart dishes I used for February at Michaels for $1 when I was shopping their after Christmas sale. Last time I was there, they were all gone. I loved that they were oven safe, so I made little mini cakes (chocolate, of course) and frosted them and added a flower shaped sugar decoration to the top. Easy!

10 comments:

jennwa said...

I love the heart cake, it is pretty and looks yummy too.

Anonymous said...

The cake is so pretty...it's perfect. Your ladies will love getting those!

Jeni

Anonymous said...

How do I get you assigned as MY
visiting teacher??? Of course
it IS a bit of a drive, but hey. . .

Very clever ideas.

the mom

Montserrat said...

Yes, I think you should share your ideas so those of us who are lacking in the creativity department can steal them and get credited with be so creative from the ladies we visit teach. :D

We love the Good Things For Kids! Thanks so much!

Kristi said...

Who wouldn't want to get such a sweet little cake of their very own in an adorable heart ramekin? Keep the awesome ideas coming!

jennwa said...

I passed an award on to you. I hope you come by and pick it up.
Have a great day.

Walker said...

That is so creative, but of course you are a very creative person. I will have to keep that in mind for those people that I visit teach;) I know that we mentioned coming to see you the second of every month, just for this month, can we change that to next Thursday the 21st at 10:30 am. I will be out of town this week.

Melissa said...

Cute! And love the other photo of your son! hee hee cute!

Ice Cream said...

I have no problem making yummy fin things for holiday gifts, I just wish I could hire someone to deliver them all for me. Our family usually eats what I make before I can get it delivered.

Camie said...

will you visit teach me too!! It looks so scrumpous! YOu are amazingly organized, can I borrow some!!