Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sam Funniness & Tagged

Usually, I get to experience the funny things our children say. Earlier this week, Tony got a taste of this sweet part of stay-at-home motherhood. Tony was taking Sam to school on his way to work. They got into a conversation about what would happen if you got shot in different body parts...obviously a boy chat between a hunter and a wanna-be hunter.

Sam: Dad, what would happen if someone got shot in the arm?
Tony: They would probably bleed a lot, but probably wouldn't die.
Sam: How about if they got shot in the brain?
Tony: They would probably die.
Sam: How about if they got shot in the heart?
Tony: They would probably die if they got shot in the heart.
Sam. Oh.

Long pause. Then Sam put his right hand on his forehead and chuckling, uttered this gem.

Sam: If our heart was where our brain was and our brain was where our heart was, we'd have to put our hand on our head to say the pledge of allegience, wouldn't we?

You're absolutely right, big guy.

Bonnie B. tagged me for my 5 Favorite Songs. I didn't even know where to start with this one, so I broadened it to top 5 Favorite Artists. Hopefully, this will help my sister-in-law Ange to fill up her iPod with running tunes.

5. Sophie B. Hawkins--She's had a couple big hits, and I love her throaty, raspy voice. But the best part about Sophie B. is that her song "As I Lay Me Down" was playing on repeat during my first kiss with Tony. I still love to listen to her when I'm feeling especially sultry which after 3 kids, isn't as often as I'd like.

4. The Goo Goo Dolls--I'll never forgot the first time I heard Black Balloon. GREAT running music. I love Iris. And Big Machine. And Let Love In. And Slide...

3. The Beatles--My obsession with The Beatles started in junior high. I love it all. Mostly the early stuff with a little Hey, Jude and Sgt. Pepper thrown in for variety.

2. Def Leppard--I have vivid memories of driving through the vast nothingness of central Texas with Tony on our way to San Antonio singing along to the entire "Hysteria" album at the top of our voices. I think I still own one of their concert t-shirts. I could beat anyone at pool in our basement while listening to the "Adenalize" album in high school. More great running music. And these guys just get better with age.

1. Rob Thomas and Matchbox 20. Name one person who hated Santana's Smooth. Anyone? Anyone? Have you actually SEEN Rob Thomas? Love his solo Streetcar Symphony. Unwell. Push. Long Day. Back 2 Good. Plus, did I mention Rob Thomas is hot?

But this is just a small sampling. I love almost everything when it comes to music.

Consider yourself tagged if you'd like to share in the meme joy!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

I love Sam's thinking! That was great

Bonnie B. said...

Thanks for playing along! Loved your picks. My husband's favorite of all time is Def Leppard. He even bought an electric guitar after Christmas that was a limitied edition Def Leppard guitar. He doesn't play the guitar. He's a little bitter I have him listening to country now....

condiefamily said...

If you look at the picture of Rob Thomas for about 1/2 second and look away-you may mistake him for Tony! He is hot!

Amber M. said...

Tony is hotter...he just can't make my knees buckle with his singing:-)

jennwa said...

Cute exchange between your husband and son. Your son sounds very smart.

Camie said...

okay first off, that is such a manly conversations. Love it! Next off, I can't believe it...we are like music sisters. I absolutely love Rob THomas, speaking of which I want to go to the Matchbox concert so bad this month...

April said...

VERY good point Sam!

Ashlee said...

All awesome groups! My husband would applaud the Def Leppard. :0) And...Rob Thomas is hot. Period.

Garrett Gang said...

My boys were laughing out loud when I read Tony & Sam's conversation. Priceless!!

Albanie said...

Amber...It's albanie...I'm so glad that you wrote me! I'm still finding out who has this. So it's nice to have another friend on. Your husband and son's talk was so cute. I love stories like that! I've enjoyed your blog even though I don't know half the musicians you like (I bet if I listened to the songs I'd recognize it). I'm kind of a loser in that category!

Walker said...

Your son is so smart! Kids say the funniest things. Just wish I was better at keeping a journal of all the cute things they say.
By the way, I am a blogger now thanks to you. You were my inspiration.
Ilise

Leenz said...

I haven't met another person who loves Sophie B. Hawkins! She has such a unique sound. Good one.