Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Shamrock Pin

I'm not very hip on the whole St. Patrick's Day thing, but I'd wear one of these cute pins to avoid getting pinched! Easy idea for your VT ladies or for your kids' teacher.

I used a stencil to trace the shamrock shape (it's about 3 inches tall) onto tissue paper and then cut two shamrock shapes out of scrap wool felt in green. I then blanket stitched around the outside of the shamrock with black DMC floss (2 strands) and left an opening just big enough to stuff it with a touch of fiberfill. Then I finished the blanket stitching and stitched on a bit of black and white ribbon and a green button in the middle of the shamrock. Glue gun (or stitch) a pin back on and you're done. (You can click on the pictrue to view it larger.)

I made a paper backing that included this cute Irish blessing and pinned the shamrock on:

"May your neighbors respect you,
Trouble neglect you,
The angels protect you,
And Heaven accept you."

For more great ideas, recipes and crafts, visit Scribbit's Winter Bazaar!

9 comments:

Rosanne said...

You are too good! Even the simplest things I am amazed by! So cute!

Montserrat said...

Very clever. I love the addition of the Irish blessing.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you-not too hip on the whole St Patty's day, but that pin is adorable. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
p.s. I'm jealous you got a night all alone! I bet you feel refreshed.
Chery

Garrett Gang said...

So Cute!! I live in a HUGE St. Patrick's Day town. What a great idea...
I'm actually thinking about crafting!! You know you're good if you can accomplish that with me! ;)

Cherie said...

Very Cute!! I love it and am going to use the idea! Thanks for sharing.

Ice Cream said...

Perfect VT gift idea and a great way for me to use up my leftover Christmas felt craft supplies. And thanks for the Irish blessing which gives the perfect touch.

Melissa said...

cute cute

Bonnie B. said...

I just love your crafy genes. That is soooo cute!

Scribbit said...

What a cute pin, and that really makes a nice little presentation with the poem. Creative as always!