Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend in Review

It has been a busy, delightful weekend around here...and the best part is that it's not even over yet! I love it when the world shuts down on Monday because I get Tony and Sam home and we get a shorter rest-of-the-week to boot.

Late Friday night Megan came up to spend the night with us. We all got to play and have naps on Satuday and Megs, Josh and I got a little window shopping in while Tony and the two big kids went to the gym. Megs was kind enough to watch the kids on Saturday evening while Tony and I went to Red Lobster for dinner to celebrate Valentine's Day (thanks Becky & Russ for the gift card). Then church and Hteachers on Sunday. Then Sunday evening, Tony got me a hotel room at TLF to spend the night ALL BY MYSELF. I read, watched TV in bed, slept in, and tried to fight off a nasty cold that Anna was kind enough to share with me. Needless to say, I'm a bit behind in normal life, which includes reading my favorite blogs and updating my own blog. I did come across some cool ideas this morning in my meanderings before I returned home, so stay tuned.

And in other news, Cocoa at Chocolate On My Cranium was kind enough to pass along an award to me...she is a sweetheart and one of the friends I have made exclusively through blogging. She makes having seven well adjusted and sweet children and an ordered household look effortless. I'll be passing the love along soon.

8 comments:

Camie said...

That does sound like a glorious weekend. I love that you got a night by yourself...what a great getaway!!! MMMMM...Red Lobster is one of my favorites!

p.s. did I tell you I loved your dress on sunday :O)

The Brough Family said...

We went to Red Lobster on Friday... good food! So glad you got a night away, I know you earned it! Hope you're feeling better!

Kristi said...

What a fun weekend you had! And how great is Tony to send you to a hotel by yourself where you didn't have to share the remote!!

I've missed you- we HAVE got to get a day scheduled to get together!

Bonnie B. said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I love long weekends, too. I love the idea of a motel room all to yourself!

Walker said...

Your husband is so awesome to have done that for you! I think we all need some time to ourselves just to get rejuvenated. I am so glad that you were able to get some rest and able to relax. How did the enrichment go? Sorry I missed it.

Megalicious said...

I like that everyone keeps saying how wonderful Tony is...it's a good thing you didn't mention in your blog that after I slaved away babysitting your kids, Tony gave me the worst scare of my LIFE!!! It was fun to come and visit and I'm glad you got to have a relaxing night alone!!!

Scribbit said...

Congratulations!

Fun weekend, I'm so jealous!

Kathleen said...

wow, tony gets the husband-of-the- year award! i can't believe he was brave enough to tackle the three kids all night :-). i'm sure he'll get an ear-full from all of the other husbands who are thinking, "great, now my wife will want something that great!" 'glad you had a great weekend!