Saturday, July 5, 2008

Catching Up

Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July weekend thus far...Tony took Sam fishing and Anna and Josh are asleep so I thought I'd take a moment and catch up some some things. Tie up some loose ends. Breathe.

First of all, I saw this great drink idea for the 4th over at Chocolate On My Cranium and we just had to try them. What a HIT! Here are the instructions...

Next, I finally found some patriotically decorated salt water taffies and used them to fill these star plates I found at Target for visiting teaching gifts in July. I love the way they turned out.

Tony's garden is ROCKIN'. We've already harvested tomatoes, strawberries and lots of sugar snap peas. Nothing better than fresh from the vine sugar snap peas. And the chicken wire has effectively kept the rabbits out (knock on wood...). Here are the before pictures.

And just for kicks, ever since we went to see Kung Fu Panda, the kids have become Kung Fu masters. Seriously.





Enjoy the rest of the weekend, my friends!

11 comments:

Cammy Aller said...

to bad we cant get our kids together! They would have a blast with the Kung Fu stuff! Way cute your resent posts love the ideas and recipes. Cammy

Sonja said...

love #1, sugar snap peas! You're right, they are so tasty. And your garden looks terriff!

love #2, your kids ARE kung fu masters! they look like they could take some one down with all that meditating and cuteness.

wish #1, that you were my visiting teacher.

wish #2, that I had made that drink for the fourth. I will do it next year!

Montserrat said...

So much fun! I think we had too many drinks at our house. There were so many sugar laden children running around!

Nicole said...

Love the drink idea! I wish I had seen it before the 4th and we would have tried it out. I'll have to write it down and save it for next year... or maybe I'll just try it for fun anyway.

Kathleen said...

sooooo cute...everything and everyone!

just jamie said...

Okay, adorable kiddos in pose there. And what a cool drink idea. Next year... (yeah, right, like I'll remember).

Rosanne said...

The drink looks so cool - I'll have to remember that one for next year. I'm SO impressed with gardens...yours is no exception. Nice work! And LOVE the kids and their kung fu moves. :) Hayley does her kung fu moves on us all the time too!

Camie said...

I want your sugar snap peas!!!

Montay said...

Fun idea with the drink and your garden looks Fab!!

Walker said...

Great ideas! I love the drink idea, very festive. Your kids are too cute, we still haven't seen Kung Fu Panda yet, looks like we will have to.

Ice Cream said...

Lately my daughter has been strking the same kind of poses but it is because we let her watch some Power Puff Girls.

Wishing I could share your garden!