Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fact Flash Cards

Okay, I thought I was done posting until we left on our trip, but I did want to share one last thing. As any mother that LOVES to travel on an airplane with little ones (ha!), I tend to try and pack their carry-on backpacks with fun new things to look at and play with. But I can't justify spending very much money. So on a trip to Target yesterday, I stocked up some some $1bin flashcards...US state trivia, US presidential facts (hopefully only the "age-appropriate ones:-)), and world landmarks. Each has a picture on one side and fun facts and trivia on the back. I simply punch a hole in the corner of each card and string them on a binder ring. That way they stay together, are easy to control and don't get lost between the icky airplane seats.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Great Idea!!!! Then your not finding flashcards all over the hosue for the next month. Have a good time on your trip. I might have to take a trip to Target now.

Eloise said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. We have a plane ride coming up this weekend. Think a trip to Target may be in order.

Scribbit said...

You want to come over for lunch this week? You can bring the kids and they can play in the back while we chow--you might have timed things perfectly, today was the first sunny day I've woke up to all summer.

Munchkins and Music said...

That is an awesome idea for the airplane! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Cute idea on the cards - Kateri's not old enough yet for those, but I am also in the process of packing and trying to find new little "keep her occucpied on the airplane" activities. I still can't believe that as you prepare to fly up here, I am preparing to fly down to the Lower 48, but such is life. We are SO SORRY to be missing you while you are here, but have fun, and we hope the sun lasts for you. Come visit AK again soon! :)
Courtney

Kathleen said...

good idea on putting the ring through the cards! i'll be remembering that one in the years to come! have a fantastic trip!!

Jeni said...

I need to do this with ALL our flash cards!

Sydney said...

what a fantastic, simple, cheap idea. i love it! i'll have to give this a try when my little guy gets bigger!

Cherie said...

Genius... I wish we lived closer so I could watch you work. You always have such great ideas..and you actually follow through with making them! I am such a slacker. Have a great trip! Please tell your Mom I said hello.