Sunday, March 29, 2009

Southwest Chicken with Black Beans

We have had a rockin' weekend. Jag girls dinner. Working on the house. Watching basketball. Smack-talkin' Bracketology. The Fightin' 55th's Annual Birthday Ball. But of course, no pictures. So I thought I'd share a wonderful recipe that is from a collected recipe cookbook from our time in Great Falls. Enjoy!


Southwest Chicken with Black Beans

1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 small can diced green chilies
1 clove crushed garlic
3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. lime peel
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 lb. chicken, cup into strips (to add a little zing and save a little time, I use the Tyson Southwest already cooked chicken strips.)

Cook chicken (if using raw chicken), onion, chilies and garlic in oil until chicken is cooked. Add beans, lime juice & peel and tomatoes. heat until hot. Serve with all the side stuff (sour cream, cheese, tortillas) or by itself.

7 comments:

Eloise said...

The McIllece Family sure is eating well these days! Thank you for the great recipes.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

That is the type of meal we eat about once a week - beans and chicken! This one looks delicious.

Jenni @ nest to keep said...

Hi Amber~
Yum! This recipe sounds wonderful! I know my family would like it, too. :) I will have to print it off and make it very soon! I hope you have a great new week! :)

Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said...

I am TOTALLY making this tomorrow. I have the ingredients. I do, except my already cooked chicken came from Trader Joe's. But still. Yum!

At Home In Georgia said...

Grand slam...easy, healthy, cheap and yummy! Thanks!!!

just jamie said...

That is so right-up-my-alley. Yum. Thanks.

Camie said...

made it last night for dinner...great recipe. Thanks for sharing. I just need to remember that I need to cut the recipe in half for my little family...mucho leftovers.