Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Bit of Semi-Nude Almond Joy

First of all, y'alls get your mind out of the gutter.


These are actually my take on my friend Jessica's recipe for Naked Almond Joy Cookies. I love almond, and honestly Jessica, I tried them without chocolate and well, I just couldn't do it. So I drizzled a little dark chocolate on the top. I hope we can still be friends.

Naked Almond Joy (Naked meaning, in theory, there's no chocolate coating)

4 egg whites
2/3 cup Splenda for baking
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
(I actually used 1/4 tsp. almond extract and 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract)
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups flaked coconut
raw almonds for garnish

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat baking pan with cooking spray. Whip egg whites until stiff. Add Splenda, vanilla, and salt. Beat until peaks form. Fold in coconut. Spoon onto baking sheet. Place almonds on top. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until brown. Let cool before eating.


In addition, I melted a Hershey's Special Dark chocolate bar in a double boiler and drizzled it over the cookies and allowed it to harden again.

7 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

Now that's a perfect cookie (or is it a candy bar, hmmm?) I love choco and almonds and coconut all together, and with just a drizzle of chocolate, you could (still?) call them diet, couldn't you?
:~D

Shawna B. said...

You cannot go wrong with almonds and coconut. Ever. These look delicious ... just like their name!

Montay said...

Yummm They look so good I am going to have to try that one and I can't do the naked thing mine will have to go for the full dunk...

Jessica Jane said...

We are SO still friends. They look super yummy with the chocolate! Seriously what isn't yummier with chocolate? I bet these would be yummy under a chocolate fountain.

The Toronto Family said...

these look sooo good and I'm with you! you HAVE to have the CHOCOLATE!

zakkalife said...

Almond Joys are one of my favorite candy bars; I can't wait to try this. I even stumbled this so I'll have it file for later use.

jessica

Our Complete Family said...

Talk about yummo yummo straight to my hips and toosh but oh so worth it I'd imagine!!!
Just caught up on posts from you. Love your wall hangings, the donut story...always a joy to read what you're up to!
Love yas, Les