Thursday, April 2, 2009

Getting My Veggies

This is my take on the candy carrots that I seem to be seeing everywhere this Easter season. I've done them a couple of times and love to give them as gifts (they'd be great visiting teaching gifts). I love that my local Target sells Jelly Belly jellybeans by flavor so I just mixed up all the orange ones to give it a little variance in color. Next, I cut some 12" x 12" green paper in about 1/4" strips. Take a handful and staple them near the bottom. Then I crimp them between my fingers. Fill your 12" icing bag (from my local Hobby Lobby) with the candy, put the stapled side of the paper strips down the middle of the candy, and tie off the top of the Jelly Bellys with a ribbon. I like to crinkle up the paper to make it look like carrot greens. SO MUCH cuter than the ones you buy at the store and actually, less expensive. Just remember that you don't need as many Jelly Bellys as you think you will...you can always cut some off the top of your icing bag if you don't get enough.

6 comments:

Nykreim said...

So cute. I love these. But funny thing, what do carrots have to do with Easter, I have always wondered that! Still these are too cute, I might have to make them!!

Bonnie B. said...

so cute! those are my kind of veggies!

Jeni said...

Yummy! Sure wish those were nutritous.

Walker said...

Very cute and what a great idea!

Jenn said...

Sounds so easy. Very fun idea.

Jessica Jane said...

I love it!