Sunday, October 25, 2009

Anna's Piggie Love

First of all, thank you for all your kind words and support. We have known for a bit that Tony would be leaving, but the day before and the day after he leaves are always a shock to the system. It means the world to know that my friends are thinking of our family and praying for us. Thank you so, so much.

I'll have more to share this week about Anna's birthday, but because Tony was leaving, we celebrated as a family last week with dinner out and cake. Well, she wanted pink cupcakes, but something cool like Sam's last year. So on Thursday afternoon, we made strawberry cupcakes, frosted them, used half a strawberry marshmallow for the snout, rolled out pink starbursts for the ears and used mini-chocolate chips and chocolate sprinkles for the eyes and nostrils. I had originally intended them for Anna's school class, but school policy is that we can bring in only store-bought food (which I completely understand), so our family enjoyed them instead.

Have a fabulous week!

10 comments:

Bonnie B. said...

adorable! you are so creative!!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

These are great - too cute to eat, almost.

Kristi said...

So, so cute!

Cherie said...

Really cute! Best wishes to you and Tony! I hope the time will go by quickly for your family.

Rosanne said...

So, so cute! I'll have to use this one sometime. And my heart and prayers go out to you all as Tony is deployed. Lots of love!

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness...super adorable.

Camie said...

Ah Am, I am sorry to hear about the deployment but you military wives have a special 'something' about you that makes you a little stronger then the rest of us. Your piggies are darling and so ever creative.

Jeni said...

Well Happy Oinkers to Anna!

Sydney said...

Oh my goodness! I have a friend who teaches a cupcake decorating class and is trying to get certified as a Wilton instructor. I'm totally sending her a link to this! She will LOVE IT!

(p.s. we did find out the sex of the baby... i'm just not posting it in the blogosphere. i'll either email you or send you a message via goodreads. :-) )

shawna b. said...

Darling! Your creative genius shines through in every thing you do!