Friday, October 2, 2009

Pretty in Pink

It's October again and that means that I am proudly wearing my Susan G. Komen bracelet, saving my Yoplait lids, and pretty in my OPI pink nail polish . I hope you are all doing the same. I think it would be a wonderful time to remind our friends, sisters and loved ones to do self-exams and to schedule that mammogram if needed. And just because I'm so obsessive about Ghirardelli about raising the awareness of breast cancer, I bought a bag of these yummies yesterday. I usually go for the dark chocolate, but I'm willing to go milk this time. But only for the cause, my friends, only for the cause.

7 comments:

Jeni said...

I am going next Tue. for my first mammogram and I am a little scared...but going.

The FOUR M's... said...

Oh my word, those look to die for at the moment... then again, anything chocolate is pretty great for me right now. :o) Thanks for the great reminder post!

Loralee and the gang... said...

I need to go and get my first mammo, too. I am at that age now, darn it!
Thanks for the reminder...
:~D

cherry said...

This is very important! Thank-you for the reminder! cherry

Army Wife Quilter said...

Thanks for reminding me too email my cousin. she found out she had breast cancer last year at this time. she is 29 years old.

Anonymous said...

Amber,

Being older than most of your readers, and having had regular
mammograms for many years, I can
tell you that I have survived!!
Not real fun, but so worth it for
the peace of mind.

Go, Mammograms!!!

the mom

Madeleine said...

Thanks for putting a reminder out there for us women to take care of ourselves always. Sadly, yesterday my husband's aunt died of breast cancer. She was in her late fifties and too young to die. She had breast cancer about 15 years ago, won that fight and in the last few years decided against getting mammograms due to cost and other temporal things. When she finally went for one, her whole breast was filled with cancer and it had already spread to other parts of her body. She will be missed, but stands as a reminder to get checked out and to not put yourself on the back burner.