Tuesday, November 17, 2009

An Attitude of Gratitude

I have a confession on this Tuesday night, my friends. I have no idea how single parents do it. I am constantly one step behind and two hours short on sleep. But we are finally finding a groove and adjusting to daddy's absence.

One of our sisters that we visit teach just PCSed so we are down to two. And one of those ladies is expecting her first baby, a little boy, any day. So I made this little baby blanket for her to keep him warm during the cold winter months. I think my favorite part, though, is the darn tag!! The little onesie is a Quickutz die and I use it constantly.

And for our other sister, I wanted to do this Pumpkin Granola that Laurel over at Ducks in a Row shared. We tried it and LOVED it, but wasn't up for another half a batch to eat ourselves so I fell back on the old tried and true Cherry-Berry Almond Granola in a mason jar with a gratitude quote. I love this stuff...

Cherry-Berry Almond Granola

4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
2 cups sliced almonds
1 1/2 cups mixed dried cherries & dried mixed berries
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp. cinnamon

Toss oats, coconut, almonds, and dried fruit in a large bowl. Pour the vegetable oil and honey over the mixture and stir until coated. Add cinnamon and stir to coat evenly. Pour into rimmed baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until a nice even brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container.

5 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Well - you know I'm going to try that type of granola, too. I'm a granola fan and if it's wheat-free, it's a sure thing at our home!

Rosanne said...

Even as a "single parent" right now...you still manage to do so much...and you do it so well. ;) Cute stuff, Amber!

Jeni said...

Everything you make is wonderful but I think baby gifts are your specialty.

Eloise said...

You are amazing! The tags on both those gifts are adorable, and your homemade gifts are fabulous.

What a blessing you are to the lucky people in your life.

Shawna B. said...

Any baby gift from you is a treasure. I love your baby cards too. :) Those sisters are lucky to have YOU. I don't know how single parents do it either. THE hardest job out there, hands down.