Friday, November 20, 2009

Doin' It

My sister-in-law Lena and her little girl Cora are here visiting with us from Salt Lake this week and we're having a great time...more on the visit to follow. This explains my complete and utter blogging absence, but I'll be back on the bandwagon soon.

Back to the post. Yesterday, Anna and Lena were watching the end of the movie Sharkboy and Lavagirl on the Disney channel. As Sharkboy and Lavagirl go off into the distance together, Anna turns to Lena and says,

Anna: "They are going to do it."

Lena: (long pause) "What?"

Anna: "They are going to do it."

Lena: (another long, apprehensive pause) "Do what, Anna?"

Anna: "Save the world."


Whew. That was a close one. Not sure if I'm ready to have THAT talk yet...

13 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

we need more kids to save the world!!

Heather said...

Sharing your sigh of relief!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love those "Anna-isms!"
She just cracks me up.

(Like asking if Grandpa had been
biting his toenails.) :) :) :) :)

the grandma

Jeni said...

Well now how did your sister-in-law not know what Sharkboy and Lavagirl were doin'? Anna is just smarter than her I guess. :-)

Something happened here today too...I can't get the smile of my face...I had to go buy my kids new pj's they didn't really need.....I am so tickeled I will put it on my blog.

MooreInterest said...

LOL! That is GREAT! I think this is one of my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Sharkboy and Lavagirl are favorites at our house, too. I was wondering if maybe Anna was talking about a movie that we HADN'T seen....

Cara said...

That was FUNNY! I had to read it twice...and laughed out loud both times. Seriously hilarious. :)

Megalicious said...

I'm still laughing laughing out loud. That is SO hilarious. I don't know where my adorable niece comes up with these things!

Jeni said...

So tomorrow is my big day. But I will still be thinking about you! I think you are at a month...you go girl.

Shawna B. said...

Hilarious! Absolutely hilarious. Thanks for making my laugh, Anna!

Leenz said...

I had never seen the movie and I was thinking maybe there was an alternate ending...
DUH Aunt Lena!

Rosanne said...

That made me laugh out loud! You are too cute. Thanks for sharing that cute moment of innocence. ;)

Army Wife Quilter said...

That made me laugh so hard my kids got conserned that something was wrong with me. Tell Anna she rocks.