Monday, November 2, 2009

Frailty, Thy Name Is Robinson Crusoe

About two weeks ago, I ran out of books on my nightstand. So I headed downstairs to our family "library" and tried to pick out something to get me by until my next half.com order came in. Well, Robinson Crusoe caught my eye...mainly because I have never read it and I thought it might be a fun to read a classic tale of shipwreck and woe.

Now, I have a different opinion. Robinson Crusoe will cure even the worst cases of insomnia. I can't get over this guy and his ramblings. You'd think for a guy with a limited amount of ink, he might be a little less generous in his wordage. Give me a page and a half of this guy and I'm out like a light. That's why after two weeks, I'm still only a little over halfway done.

And seriously?? Please. You land on a beautiful deserted island where it is quiet, and you get to take a nap whenever you'd like. Your biggest concerns are taming goats, drying grapes into raisins, and making baskets. And yet you spend pages and pages griping.

Try doing what I do for a week.

Frailty, thy name is Robinson Crusoe.

4 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Too funny. I've never read it before, but I think I'll skip it.

Heather said...

You are hilarious! :-) Thanks for the heads-up!

Sonja said...

Ha!
Well said.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I really did laugh out loud when I read this post.

the mom