Friday, November 6, 2009

Mourning With Fort Hood

I couldn't believe it when I heard the news about the attack on Fort Hood yesterday by a fellow Army soldier who was preparing for imminent deployment to Afghanistan. My heart breaks for the families of his victims and our family's prayers are with them.

I don't always (well, almost never actually) agree with President Obama on anything. But yesterday I must admit he got it right.

"These are men and women who have made the selfless and courageous decision to risk and at times give their lives to the rest of us on a daily basis," the president continued. "It is horrifying that they should come under fire at an Army base on American soil."

Amen.

2 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

Horrible thing to have happen. Why didn't anyone see this coming and do something about it?
:~D

Jeni said...

When it was going down live on the tv I kept hoping it was at least not one of our own. I still have a hard time grasping what happened.