Tuesday, December 1, 2009

'Tis the Season...

...for Christmas cards!! We received our first Christmas card of the season yesterday and it was delightful. It really is one of my very favorite things about the Holidays...to hear from our friends and loved ones all over the world. And since I finally finished our family's Christmas cards (which took all Fall to complete, call me crazy) I have had a few moments to make some Christmas thank you notes as well.

We also spent the weekend putting up Christmas trees! Our big angel one is in the living room, but this year Anna had her own pink tree in her room and the boys have a trio of trees with our handmade and collectible ornaments on them in their room. Our "m" tree is in the family room. I absolutely LOVE using our Christmas trees as nightlights!

As we were unwrapping ornaments in the boys' room, I looked over and saw this. Hey, we get our kicks where we can around here...

10 comments:

Montserrat said...

We've just pulled out the Christmas decorations this morning. I love your nativity set! We have the same one. :)

Jeni said...

Me first, me first, send my Christmas card first. I can't wait to get it! Do I remind you of the annoying kid on the Polar Express?!? I bet your house full of trees is beautiful.

Kathleen said...

josh sure is getting to be such a big boy!! oh, and the christmas decor is great too :-) yeah for christmas!

Anonymous said...

OK, so I loved your blog! Your
holiday heading is so pretty,
and your friends are gonna be
blown away by your cards this year.
Look out!!! What a treat for the kids to have trees in their rooms,
and I love Josh's fashion statement, and his GRIN. Your
thank you notes are smashing--
wherever did you find that great
snowflake punch?? :)

Love from. . . the mom

Eloise said...

Don't be looking for my card any time soon! The cards themselves are ready, but the pictures aren't and I haven't done a thing about addressing or writing my letter. I look forward to receiving yours!

What do you hear from Tony? Know that I am thinking of you and praying for his swift and safe return.

shawna b. said...

Oh, yes! Another Amber masterpiece Christmas card! Can't wait to see what you've come up with this year. You put us all to shame! :)

Been thinking of you today on YOUR day. Hope it was a good one!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Wow! You have some amazing boys! Mine would knock the tree over and have a great time smashing the ornaments, all in a matter of seconds. I. Am. Jealous.
:~D

Jenn said...

I want to put Christmas trees in my kids rooms now! Your decorations look great. Josh looks adorable!

Sydney said...

We got our tree and most of the decorations out over the weekend. Still can't find one of my nativity sets (I have two... one that's made of stone so the dog can't chew it)... and need to get a couple more decs out. I love seeing other people's decorations.

Jenni said...

Good job finishing your Christmas cards! :) And the thank you cards are so cute! AND I love LOVE love the little pink tree you put in Anna's room! What a sweet idea! (Filing this away for the future...)