Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cross-Stitched Heart Cards

Just a bit of good news first...my camera is fixed and on it's way home! I didn't realize how much I used it until it was snatched away from my cold, sweaty hands...

I've been putting together Tony's Valentine's box (more on that to come shortly) so I have been very much in the Valentine's mood. So when I came across these cute heart cross-stitch patterns I had squirreled away, I knew I wanted to stitch some up. Now, my very first memories of sewing were of my mom setting me up with a hoop with gingham fabric in it, practicing cross-stitching a little snail pattern. I have been in love ever since. But because it is a little time intensive (versus stitching which is almost instant gratification) I don't do I near as often as I used to. But after the last few nights, I realize I love it just as much as I ever did.

I used this pattern and the DMC floss colors 335, 775, 818, and 815. I then trimmed the hearts, unraveled a few of the lines, and adhered them to a 5" by 5" card. Lovely.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I heart those lovely cards.

Me too...started as a young child.

Jenn said...

I wish I were as productive and creative as you. The cards are beautiful.

Vicki said...

Super cute idea! You do such beautiful work! I "stumbled" upon your blog several months ago and I love reading about your "journey". You are an amazing woman!