Friday, February 5, 2010

Love Is In the Air...

...or more accurately on my sideboard.


I've been reorganizing my craft area downstairs (more to come on that later) and have come across some treasures that I have forgotten I had. We are sadly lacking in craft/scrapbook type stores here so I've been limited to projects that I can make with supplies I had on hand. When I found this Basic Grey alphabet, the colors screamed Valentines to me so I whipped up this little sign with a section of poplar, some paint and a little Mod Podge. Added an easel and voila! I love the way it turned out.

I also love the Raspberry Kisses in the little heart bowl next to the love sign.

Have mercy.

7 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

OOOH - I'd love to see your craft area!

Albanie said...

Turned out really cute! Only you could make things out of limited supplies!

Jenni said...

I love LOVE love your sign! The letters are so cute! I love how you put it on an easel like that! I also like how you put candy in the little heart bowl! I just bought a little ceramic heart and now I know what I'm going to do with it! :)

I hope you have a beautiful weekend! :)

Jeni said...

I would love to see your craft area too! Mine needs lots of help.

For me this year preparing for Valentines has been so fun.

Saints or Colts?

Amber M. said...

Colts.

:-(

Rosanne said...

"LOVE" it. ;)

Jessica Jane said...

I love it. Can't wait to start up projects like this. In our new house I get to have a hobby room all to myself!