Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pork Tenderloin

Now that Tony is home, the era of corn dogs, peanut butter sandwiches and chicken tenders for dinner has come to an end. I get to start cooking real food again. I have a whole stack of recipes that I have squirreled away over the past 6 months and plan on using Tony as a guinea pig as I try them one by one. But he's a willing guinea pig. After all, he's been eating tuna, yogurt and take-out for the last 6 months.

For dinner on Sunday, I kept it simple...using a tried and true recipe that my sister-in-law Angela shared with me several years ago. It is not only simple to make, but I have yet to find a single person who doesn't like it. I even made it for our ward's Christmas enrichment dinner. It was a raging success. I just can't believe I haven't shared it before...

















Pork Tenderloin

Mix the following in large Tupperware bowl with lid:

1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. thyme
1 Tbsp. marjoram
1 Tbsp. rubbed sage
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. ginger
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. pepper
1 pkg. pork tenderloin (usually comes in two pieces)

Shake in the bowl to coat and let marinate for a couple of hours to overnight. Place in 9 x 13 inch casserole dish and bake covered in aluminum foil at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes.


Yum. I serve it with these.

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

I needed a new pork recipe!!!! Thanks!

Jeni said...

This looks great for dinner. I need to grab a few of those spices at the commissary and then I am game.

zakkalife said...

Yum, I love pork tenderloin. I stumbled this post to save for future reference.

Jami Rugg said...

Though the food looks good, I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE your Blog's Title pic. Ana used to be so small in my sunbeam class, and now she looks so grown up. Crazy Crazy.