Thursday, September 9, 2010

S'more September Visiting Teaching Gifts

I think I might have one or two more vacation posts to get caught up for our blog book, but I wanted to squeeze this September visiting teaching post in before the month gets away from me. And man, is it a cute one.

Our family is a little obsessed with s'mores. We love them. A lot. And I've always wanted to do something "s'moreish" for visiting teaching gifts for September when a roaring fire in a backyard pit sounds really nice. But I try and keep the cost down and handing someone a box of graham crackers and a bag of marshmallows isn't exactly, well, cute. So when I found this post over at Twig & Thistle, I knew the time of the s'more visiting teaching gift had arrived!!

I found the darling little acetate boxes at PaperMart and I just went ahead and ordered them in packages because I already have visions of Christmas neighbor gifts (think homemade truffles in fluted papers in clear, tuck top boxes tied in red baker's twine. I get giddy just talking about it). And let's just have a little chat about baker's twine. You know, the super cute twine that comes in awesome colors and you can buy on most crafting sites for about $5 for 20 yards? Well, check this out. I have no idea how I'm going to go through 3400 yards of the stuff, but for $9.00, I'll give it a valiant effort.

Seriously.

13 comments:

Montserrat said...

LOVE, love, love the s'more idea! And I love baker's twine too. In fact I was lucky enough to win a set of eight beautiful colors from The Twinery. (http://www.thetwinery.com/) They arrived in the mail today! That means each child gets their own color for Christmas. We won't use name tags. We'll just have brown paper packages tied up with string. :D

Army Wife Quilter said...

wow you go girl. that is a lot of twine. have fun. I love your vt had out. I just go called as a vt supervisor. our ward is so big we have 11 districts. we have about 380 regularly attending. we fill the chapel and half the cultral hall. It is crazy

Green Eyed Girl Crafts said...

They turned out super cute! Vicki

Jeni said...

Give me an "L"
Give me an "O"
Give me a "V"
Give me an "E"

These are so stinkin' cute!

Jeni said...

what size boxes do I need to make these?

Cara said...

This is my kind of gift! I love smores too. And "love" is an understatement. (Truthfully, I have 2 or 3 every night before I go to bed...and Barry laughs at me every time!)

Rosie said...

I have been wanting some of that twine-it is so cute! This is a great price--thanks so much for sharing. I also love all your cute VT ideas. I wish you were my teacher!!

MooreInterest said...

I am SO GLAD that I am a good "Copy Cat" and you are a good "Leader!" Thanks for the VT ideas....LOVE THEM!!!!

Eloise said...

What a darling idea, Amber! Love that baker's twine and plan to order some myself. I knew that bakeries weren't paying those craft site prices, but I'd never seen the twine available for less. Thanks for the tip!

Looks like your family had a nice summer. Hope the school year is off to a good start for your children. I cant' believe how big they're getting!

{Hugs}

laixinjie said...

https://good post!!!

thomasjack said...

Amazing product thanks for sharing with us It is very informative.
Cream packaging Florida
Cube packaging Delaware

thomasjack said...

It is a very informative post thanks for sharing the information.
Cookie packaging Delaware
Corrugated packaging Delaware

Serina johson said...

Amazing product thanks for sharing with us It is very informative.
Wedding Favor Boxes wholesale dealers
custom printed Lingerie Subscription Boxes