Saturday, July 9, 2011

Linguini with Smoked Salmon, Asparagus & Dill

I haven't posted a recipe for a while and this one is spectacular! I made dinner for everyone at my mom's house this week and it was a huge hit. Even my kids love it. And where better to find some good smoked salmon than Alaska?

This is my version of a Gooseberry Patch recipe from their Family Favorites Cookbook. It's an awesome find...I have yet to have a meal crash and burn from this book.

Linguine with Smoked Salmon, Asparagus, and Dill

Ingredients:
8 ounce package of linguine, uncooked (you can use whatever pasta you like)
1 pound asparagus
1 cup whipping cream
2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped (worth it to use fresh...don't use the dried stuff)
1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
4 oz smoked salmon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
freshly squeezed lemon juice

Cook pasta per package instructions. Prepare the asparagus stalks and then cut them into 1" pieces. Add the asparagus to the pasta during the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain pasta and asparagus and put in serving dish. While the pasta is cooking, heat the cream, fresh dill, and horseradish in a pan over low heat until hot. (I like to try and time the two parts so they are done at the same time and then nothing cools). Pour sauce over the pasta and asparagus. Add chopped smoked salmon to mixture. Toss to coat.


I don't like lemon on this, but some of my family members do so I just squeeze the lemon into a small bowl and let them at it to their own dish.

1 comment:

anunturi gratuite said...

Oh my God this looks so good and i`m sure that it is delicious too. I think that this is a easy recipe so i will give it a try, thanks a lot for sharing.