Sunday, October 16, 2011

Trick or Treat Pillow *LOVE*

About two weeks ago, I came across the cutest idea while blog-hopping. These trick or treat pillows are made with painting drop cloth canvas, stencils and spray paint. Seriously. I got a little obsessed and made a set for myself and have been churning around ideas in my mind for other ways to use this same technique. Here is Jessica's tutorial on how to make these darling pillows. Since I don't have a Cricut, I used Martha Stewart adhesive stencil paper (from Michael's), traced and then cut out the letters to make my own stencil. A little more work, but they are so cute and a great addition to Halloween at our house!



I also finally used this great orange Aber-crombie & Fitch wool sweater I found at Goodwill and felted to make this sweet little pumpkin pillow. I loved the cream pattern along the bottom of the sweater...

Have a great week!!

10 comments:

Tiggeriffic said...

You are a clever rabbit.. Those pillows are so cute. I love fall with all the wonderful colors.
Have a Tiggeriffic Day~ ta ta for now from Iowa:)

Cherie said...

I saw your Mom at the Temple this week! It made my day to see her. :)
I love these pillows!! You did an amazing job on them.

MooreInterest said...

Please come to my house!! LOVE it all!

Jeni said...

Oh my 'word' do I love your pillows. And that little pumpkin too.

Hey now I lived in Atlanta, Georgia for a long time and I do NOT have a coke crate...ain't that a shame. Yours is beautiful.

Jessica said...

Cute Cute Cute!!!

Jessica
Chapman Place

Jessica Jane said...

Love it! You have always had such great taste. ( =

Jeni said...

I am trying something. RRRR I am on my 4th try...that paint sprays everywhere!!!! But I WILL get it.

zakkalife said...

The pillows are adorable. I love the subtlety of them as a Halloween decoration.

Nicole said...

Don't you just love these pillows? I used to be Jessica's visiting teacher. She is such creative, I really want to make her Christmas ones! What I really need is a Crikut of my own :)

Jenni said...

OH! Those are WAY too cute! I love them! :)