Thursday, January 5, 2012

January Reflections

My very favorite part of the Holiday Season is the walk from the mailbox to the living room couch with a little stack of Christmas cards from the people that our family loves. This year, I feel especially grateful for the wonderful people in our life...from Belgium to Japan, Alaska to Florida and everywhere in between. I love that I have gotten to actually HUG so many of you this year...


So the Christmas cards will be staying up just a little bit longer, even though the rest of Christmas has been put away. Just to remind us of all of you.


I love that the fireplace in this house has such a great mantle. It was so fun to decorate with snow and snowmen and pretty white and blue things. Jeni inspired the pitcher of twigs and crocheted snowflakes . My favorite thing is the tall glass apothecary with "snowballs" made of Styrofoam, Elmer's glue and fake snow I got on clearance at Target (on the left in front of the wooden barn star).

Happy January!

4 comments:

MooreInterest said...

I feel the same way about the cards! I just love them, and the people in them! (YOU!) That Mantle is amazing! Of course! Happy New Year!

Jeni said...

What a beautiful winter scene you made. I love it!

Seeing all those fun-filled glass jars/bowls makes me want to go hunt for some.

Cherie said...

You are a girl after my own heart! The decorations came down a few days after Christmas, but my cards are Still hanging up. I stalk the mail man every December waiting for all of the wonderful cards to arrive! I just love all of the pictures of family and friends!!

Jessica Jane said...

I love your mantle! My looks naked and I need ideas--so thanks!

Love your hugs wall too. Mine is still up. Can't bring myself to take it all down.

Happy New Year!