I have seen a ton of these yarn covered monograms lately (like Laurel's here) and since covering an "m" would obviously be a little tricky, I didn't want to spend a lot of money to give it a go. I bought a pressboard letter at Hobby Lobby (on sale for $1) and used some yarn I had on hand. It took me two nights and I ended up going all over it twice with yarn. Added some felt flowers and leaves (more to come on felt flowers tomorrow), hot glued some ribbon on the back and hung it on the front door. It turned out much better than I though it would and looked pretty dang cute for the whole 2 days it was on the front door.
It has been beautiful here. Gorgeous. Sunny and warm. So warm, in fact, that the sun remelted the hot glue holding the ribbon to the back of the "m" and the whole thing came crashing down between the front door and the screen door. And broke. My heart. It broke in two places where the "m" is the narrowest, but I'm not ready to give it up yet. I'm gonna try and salvage it with something a little more "Alabama-proof" than hot glue this time. Geesh.