Saturday, March 10, 2012

Do I Talk Funny?

I just had the weirdest thing happen. The little kids and I stopped by our ghetto-fabulous local Walmart on the way home from The Lorax to get bread, milk and donuts (the weekend essentials) and the check-out lady gives me this strange look and asks me,

Check-out lady: "Are you from Alaska?"

Me: "Gosh, yes. How did you know that?"

Check-out lady: "I can tell by your accent."

MY accent? This is Alabama, folks. But that aside, I have never, EVER had anyone tell me that I had an Alaskan accent. I didn't even know Alaskans HAD accents.

Apparently, they do. And I have one.

4 comments:

Jeni said...

You must sound like Sarah Palin.

Amber M. said...

YIKES!!

MooreInterest said...

That's hillarious!!!!

AngelaW said...

You totally do, but just a little. There are certain words when it comes out, but nothing like Sarah P! :)