Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Treats

I know, I know, I'm just a smidgen behind, but I wanted to share the fun gifts the kids and I put together for teachers and for my visiting teaching ladies.

For the ladies we visit, it was gold pails, gold shred, some "Pot of Gold" chocolate truffles, and a handful of gold chocolate coins, all courtesy of Target's $1 bins. I've had a couple of local ladies ask me about how I come up with my ideas and the best advice I can give is keep your eyes open several months before you might be ready to USE what you see. I found all this St.Patrick's Day stuff back in November when my mom was visiting for Thanksgiving. Buy it when you see it and stash it away for when you'll need it.

For the kids' teachers, it was these cute kiss stickers and tags I found here...all printable and all FREE. I am addicted to these cute Hershey Kiss circles...just print them out on sticker sheets and punch them out with a 3/4" punch.

Anna's class had a St. Patrick's day party on Friday and all the kids were asked to bring a green treat to share with the class. I knew there would be lots of green food, so Anna and I decided to do a green drink. I found these inexpensive little green Hawaiian Punch bottles, we peeled off the labels and then printed out water bottle labels found here, also free and printable. I used sticker paper again and then trimmed them to fit with my paper cutter. They were a huge hit!!

Hope everyone had a happy, pinch-free day!

3 comments:

MooreInterest said...

I am so amazed by your creativity!!!

Jenni said...

Amber, you always have the most amazing gift ideas! And I LOVE the green drinks with those cute labels! It's no wonder they were such a hit! :)

I hope you are doing well, and that you have a great Monday! :)

Blessings,
Jenni

Jeni said...

I love it all. I know you didn't get pinched!

Ha...a few days ago I was in the BX and found Christmas Yankee candles for $3...I bought them all.