Saturday, April 7, 2012

Salvador-Day 1

The last morning in Rio, we had sweet bread and milk (in a bag...I've never seen this before, but I guess it is common) for breakfast in our hotel room, finished packing up, checked out of the hotel and headed to the airport. We got there plenty early because we weren't sure about security and had to recheck our bag...well it turns out that Brazil's a little more relaxed in their domestic terminal. I kept trying to take my shoes off and put my phone and laptop in the plastic tubs and the screeners looked at me like I was a crazy woman and told me in broken English to "keep my shoes on."

Our driver, Carlos, met us at the airport and drove us to our gorgeous hotel. We got there right about dinnertime and the sun was setting over downtown Salvador across the bay. Gorgeous. The hotel was lovely...about 2 blocks from the beach (they don't allow any real urban development on the beachfront in Salvador), it had a big pool, swim up bar, hammocks, and outdoor restaurant, AND it's very own futbal field.


Not the most exciting day of our trip, but it was in Salvador that I finally started to really relax. I loved our time in Rio and I'm glad we went, but when we go back to Brazil it will be to Salvador.

No comments: