Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering, Again

On the way to school this morning, Josh told me that he saw on a "mom and dad show" (Tony had the news on this morning) that some planes flew into some big buildings. He wanted to know why. So what has always been one of my favorite parts of the day turned into a simplified story of evil and hate. I thought it was important to be as honest as I could be with a 5-year-old, but I also didn't want to scare him. So when the story was done, we started to count flags. Flags on houses, buildings, lamp posts, cars, schools. And then I told him a simplified story of love, sacrifice, honor and duty. I hope it's the one he remembers.

2 comments:

Tiggeriffic said...

That is so wonderful that you were able to simplify 9/11 for him.
That was a very hard day for all of us and it's still hard for me to think that someone would do that to people..
It's been awhile since I have visited your blog and your family has grown..
I have decided I need to visit more of my favorite blogs because I have missed reading them.
Have a great day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

Clipping Path Service said...


Simply wish to say the frankness in your article is surprising.Thanks for sharing.