Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Graham Cracker Brittle & Thank You Cards

Holy Yumminess! This is another pass-along recipe from the fabulous Jeni Harmon...I've had it tucked away for a couple of weeks and finally made up a batch to try it out today. So easy and delish!

Graham Cracker Brittle

1 stick butter
1 stick margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Line 9" x 13" pan with graham crackers. In a saucepan, boil butter, margarine, sugar and pecans for 3 minutes. Pour over crackers and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool, break up and serve.


Every year, I try to make up a bunch of cards so that I can write out our family's "thank you"s while we watch our new movies the few days following Christmas. I took some time today to finish up the ones I created for this year. I'm oh so proud of myself that I didn't buy anything new for these...I had all the stuff on hand. The stamp is one of the Studio G stamps that are in the $1 bins at Michaels and Jo-Anns.

3 comments:

April said...

FYI, I went back to Target to get a jar and it was TOO SMALL! Darn huge Christmas Cards!

Kristi said...

Mmmm...that recipe sounds yummy! And such cute cards!

Garrett Gang said...

You do Christmas Cards AND Thank You Cards?!?! You are THE WOMAN, Amber! I'm thinking about sending out a few sets of pictures I had printed & never sent!! In fact the "old west" pic I put on my blog today is one I have 60 copies of from Christmas 2004, right before we moved to G.F...& never sent. Last year's pics are in my night stand. I also have a pic of our Primary for you. :(