Sunday, May 20, 2012

Gift Card Monster

My niece is graduating from high school this Spring and for a graduation gift, my sister-in-law suggested a Subway gift card. Perfect!! The only thing is, sending a gift card is boring. Seriously boring. But I remember seeing these adorable gift card monsters by Basic Grey and decided to try to recreate one with supplies I had on hand. And this is how my version of the gift card monster turned out. Tony said he thought it was the ugliest thing he'd ever seen.

I think he's kinda cute.


4 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

I think it's awesome!

Jeni said...

I think he is THE CUTEST!!! Dang it...Frida I just mailed 3 nothing to special cards with checks in them for grads...I would have liked to have done this instead.

Taylor Condie said...

I think he is cute too! :) He is also holding other gift cards! Thank you so much for the gift! I love you all! :)

Paula said...

I think it's pretty cute. I've been following you for sometime- so long in fact that I don't even remember how I found you. I love all the cute stuff you make and the yummy recipes you share. Thanks for sharing!!