Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Confessions

I have been always admired those gorgeous layered desserts made in shot glasses.  But as a non-drinker, there seemed to be very little reason to buy shot glasses...except to make gorgeous layered desserts.  And I just couldn't justify the expense.  Well, last week Target stocked a bunch of different glasses in their $1 bins...including heavy glass shot glasses.  Hallelujah!!  I'll take 16!  I even had them in my cart before I realized that there was no way that a normal spoon would fit into the very bottom of those very cute glasses.  Demoralized, I put the shot glasses back.

But wait!  Today while I was in World Market looking for glass cloches, I came across a little box full of taster spoons.  That's right.  Cute little spoons that will without a doubt fit into the very bottom recesses of those very cute shot glasses.  And at about a $1 each, well, I bought 16.


Then went to Target and bought me some damn shot glasses!  So if I start pinning a million shot glass dessert recipes, you'll know why.

6 comments:

Jeni said...

I am so excited over your inspiration. Steve is at a Celtics game with work friends, I am at home and after dark our power goes out. It's on now but of course I can't get the tv to work...but my computer does. Tomorrow I am going to Yankee Candle Village, Steve's new boss has a sister who works for Yankee candle and gave me a pass for %60 off on the 15th and 16th. So if I have any life savings left when I am done I want to go check out my Target. Steve works next Wed. night and my family is flying in Thur. morning at 1035 so I will be doing all the cooking myself. I wanted to try a pumpkin cheesecake but if I find these shot glasses I might try that...maybe I can make them Wed. night ahead of the craziness. I can't wait to see what you make with these. Well since I have no tv I am going to go turn on Christmas tunes and work on my cards...I am still NOT done. Do I sound cranky? I am grateful for it all maybe just overwhelmed this minute.

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

Unknown said...

Drink with a designing glass visit on website :-
The customized shot glasses article has been as perfect and genuine which will in the overall ground help all shot glass user to get an Online shot glasses choice and model of their choice. There are many such glasses coming up but that basic thing that will make it so unique shot glasses popular may get hidden. There is where the glasses can be bets in the qualities making it a worth for every shot glass home or event.

Clipping Path Service said...

Great post.thank you so much.

Mona Martin said...

Thanks a lot for your lovely blog post.
clipping path service
Photo Editing Services
raster to vector conversion service

Clipping Path Service Provider said...



Nice post with good information