Laurie over at Tip Junkie is having a meme with Mr. Linky where we are supposed to share our top ten favorite things in our home. I've been working on a ton of Halloween projects that I'll be sharing soon, but I thought this would be a fun diversion. If you want to play along, link up here. (You can click on each photo for a closer look.)
1. When I was pregnant with Sam, my across the street neighbor, Carolee Gagnon was a dear friend and a gifted artist. For my baby gift, she pencil drew a picture of Sam at about 10 days old. I love, love, love it. It hangs in the boys' room and makes me smile every time I see it.
2. We have a wonderful friend (Tony's friend from high school that I was lucky enough to get to know in college) who is another talented artist. He presented his friends from high school, who have remained close, with this picture of Christ that he drew in the Garden of Gethsemane during a trip to Israel. Wow. We get comments on it all the time.
3. I'm a bit obsessive. And a bit of a collector. Not really a very good combination. This antique cheese box holds the very first of the "m" blocks that started my collection in 2001. I love the metal "1996" letterpress numbers on top that celebrate the year we were married.
4. After my children, this is perhaps my pride and joy. It is a numbered James C. Christensen The Responsible Woman canvas. I've wanted one for as long as I can remember, but it was way out of our league. But somehow, my Tony found one, spent way to much for it, and surprised me with it for Mother's Day 2007. I cried. It is the centerpiece of our formal living room.
5. Aside from "m"s, I have an infatuation with stars. I love this big star made of old painted barn wood. I love the old red window it leans against, too.
6. My side of the bed. With a stack of unread book on the nightstand. We don't get to spend NEAR enough time together, my side of the bed and I.
7. My treadmill in the little storage room alcove. We're good friends.
8. My old, green scale.
9. One of the two old 3-paned windows I bought and dragged all the way home from Nauvoo, Illinois. I love that I have something that old from Nauvoo in my home. I hung a eucalyptus wreath on it above our jacuzzi tub so that when the bathroom gets all steamy, it smells wonderful.
10. Two of my four FAVORITE things in my house...
And just for good measure, my LEAST favorite things in my house. Bruiser the bear and Anakin the antelope. 'Nuff said.