Just a bunch of random good things today.
First of all, my sister April found this darling Conference packet by Deseret Book and I wanted to share. Very cute...and good for the older kids as well. I am so looking forward to this weekend...to be encouraged and counseled.
The second thing is the reminder that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So I'm eating my Yoplait and I've got my Susan G. Komen "sharing the promise" bracelet on and am supporting those around me who are unfortunately struggling with this monstrous disease. Read why I'm so neurotic about it here.
Next, Nicole from Our Cozy Nest was
kind enough to pass along a BFF Blogger award to me several weeks ago and I wanted to continue the love!
1. My uber-talented friend, Jeni at My Home in Georgia finally started a blog several months ago and she is a constant source of inspiration and enthusiasm. Check out this darling Halloween countdown board!
2. Cocoa from Chocolate On My Cranium is a blog I read every day. I love how sweet, grateful and down-to-earth this darling family is. And I'll let you in on a little secret, if you don't already know. Cocoa shares awesome FHE lesson outlines every Monday, for example this one about General Conference.
3. Lizzy at My Ice Cream Diary just had a baby. She is obsessing right now about organizing, purging and cleaning, all with a bowl of ice cream in one hand. And I'm so grateful for her fabulous sense of humor.
4. Eloise from Weasel's Journey shared her corn bake recipe with me, an absolute stranger. That alone warrants this award. But she is a gracious, loving mother and her posts constantly remind me to be grateful for my blessings. And she gets to travel to a lot to cool places and it's about all I can do to not be jealous enough to just drop her from my google reader. But maybe, just maybe, by sharing this award, I've earned my passage on the next adventure...? Please?:-)
5. Leslie at Our Family is a friend of a friend. She leaves the sweetest, kindest comments. And she decorates like a pro.
There you go ladies. Thanks for being such an inspiration to me!
And last, but not least, my friend Jen gave me a set of wooden blocks and vinyl to spell out "spooky." I loved the idea, but got an itch to try something a little different. This is how it turned out. I just draped a little spider web and set it on a plate easel.
Have a happy Thursday!