Friday, September 9, 2011

Tony's Life Debt

Aside from being an awesome place to live, the South has given me fodder for about a million blog posts.

Case in point. Last night, Tony was puttering around in the backyard and the garage and then came in and sat down at the desk. I walked by and was going to give him a squeeze and when I got close, I saw this huge (not exaggerating, quarter-sized) spider hanging out on his back. I'm usually not too squeamish about spiders, but I don't know much about Alabaman spiders and I didn't like it on my husband's back. So I start yelling, "You have a spider on your back!" and he says "Well get it off!" I went over to him and swiped it off and it flies across the hallway and hits the pantry door. And EXPLODES into about a million little itty-bitty baby spiders. Gag. We spent the next 10 minutes spraying spider spray and cleaning up.

So basically, I saved Tony's life last night. And he owes me a life debt. Or at least a new pair of shoes.

10 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! No offense, but I'm really glad I don't live in Alabama. I don't think I could be the hero that you are!!

April said...

That made me almost throw up! Glad Tony made it out alive.

Leenz said...

Yuck! Tony's lucky you're so brave. When Donny was in China one time, I sprayed a huge spider in the garage and BABIES EVERYWHERE! My shrieks drew the neighbor over, thankfully.

Marisa said...

Spiders don't bug me either, but that's just gross

MooreInterest said...

Ewwww! Seriously. Yuck.

ejnorton said...

Ummmm... that doesn't make me ever really want to live in the South. Suddenly the tarantulas and scorpions of the southwest seem a little less bad.
I'm glad you only have to be there a year. :)

Lacey said...

Thanks for making me feel like my skin is crawling! :P

Jami Rugg said...

ohhhh... Just wait until closer to fall, and many of those loving brown spiders you're talking about will do anything to get in your nice warm home. What I've found what works best is to make a HUGE bug swatter out of heavy duty magazines and a nice sturdy stick. Squishing all at once doesn't leave much for the little spawns to get away like the spraying does. By the way, Glad that you guys are so close to us. it's amazing how we could visit 4 states in one day living down here on the coast!

Camie said...

ok that is ultra disgusting....just threw up! Next, I would definitely choose shoes over a life debt :)

Jeni said...

Nasty!!!

For me Atlanta was good, nothing gross ever found in my house. When were were at Keesler...I would go for walks at night and crunch the roaches...I meant I could hear and feel it. And when I lived in Enterprise (Ft. Rucker), AL we had flying roaches. So may the force be with you.