Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Goodies

Tomorrow is Anna's birthday so I am busy putting the last touches on things for her "cupcake" birthday party this weekend and the cake and dinner for tomorrow. But I did want to share a couple of fun things I finished up this past weekend for Halloween.

These are a little teacher gift that I put together for the kids' teachers. We lucked out this year again and all three are dynamite. I found these cute little side-handled black star buckets at Tai Pan this summer and I filled them with candy corn taffy. Yumm-o. A little cellophane and a tag with the teacher's name printed on it and then stamped over with a spooky spider web stamp and voila.

While we were in Utah this summer, I stopped into Pebbles to look for school-themed paper and came across some of the cutest Halloween die cuts. I fell madly in love with this goofy spider, so this past weekend, I painted a 12" by 12" board I had in my basement black, Mod Podged some cute Halloween paper on the top and then added the spider. LOVE it. The little framed "Eat, Drink and be Scary" is a downloadable found here. Her husband also came up with a version of his own which is just as cute found here.

Have a great Tuesday!

5 comments:

Tiggeriffic said...

Happy Birthday Anna ~ Cha Cha Cha~!
Halloween is such a fun time to decorate.. I just love all your ideas~! Too bad children of today can't have as much fun as I had when I was a young girl.. All the kids in the niehgborhood would gather together and we would go door to door trick or treating. Then we would all meet at this ladies house and she would serve cidar and donuts and play her xylaphone with rag time music. The kids would shake all their candy onto the floor and sort it all out. I used a pillow case when I was young for putting all my candy into and passed it onto my children.

MooreInterest said...

Happy Birthday to Anna!!! What a FUN time to have a birthday!!! I always love your cute ideas...amazing!

Sonja said...

Happy birthday Anna! And once again you amaze me with your skillz, sista.

Hooray for a new adventure! Alabama sounds fun.

Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Amber,

I do love that funny spider.
Very cute!

the mom

Jeni said...

AAAA I have to hook up my printer. I want one of those eat drink and be scary's!!! And what a great idea you had with that one and only cute spider.

Happy Birthday to Anna! A few months ago while sifting through things getting ready for our move to Korea I saw her birth announcement you made. I kept it still.