Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Say Wha?

Tonight at dinner, Sam was so excited to tell us about a family tree that he is drawing. Since we have a bunch of family coming into town this weekend, he wants to have them sign his family tree. Tony decided to channel his excitement into a learning experience.

Tony: "Sam, who can sign your family tree?"
Sam: "Everybody...grandmas, grandpas, uncles, cousins...everybody."
Tony: "How about nieces and nephews...do you know what those are?"

Sam gets a puzzled look on his face and we can tell he's pondering deeply.

Sam: "Oh! (and I quote) An ef-you is..."

I almost spit my dessert across the table. Tony almost did too.

Well, I guess we DID ask...

11 comments:

Montserrat said...

Ha! That's so funny.

Marisa said...

Aren't kids great. We had a similar experience not to long ago with Travis', has to watch his mouth around the kids, cousin. Riley was making rapping noises, "fricka, fricka, etc." and Louie just started at us like we'd lost our minds. We understood what he was doing, Louie thought he had a potty mouth.

Marisa said...

apparently I can't type tonight. That's too long and stared not to and started. Oops!

Kathleen said...

i also got a good chuckle--"kids say the darndest things", don't they?

condiefamily said...

F-U-N-N-Y!!! Sam is actually my "Ef-you". Love the boy-don't worry-we'll keep it clean this weekend.

Sonja said...

I'd have totally spit my dessert out laughing. So funny!

Rosanne said...

That's a good one - thanks for the early morning laugh! :)

Anonymous said...

OK, that one made me laugh out loud.....

Camie said...

if I would have been eating something it would be all over the computer screen. That is hilarious!

just jamie said...

Love it!

Ashlee said...

It took me a second to put all of that together, but I totally get it now. And I got a good laugh out of it. :0)