Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blog World Meets Real World

During our brief meeting last April when she took the little girls' photos, Heather from {unwrapped} and I decided that if the chance ever presented itself again, that we would get together for lunch. So during our time in Utah, we had the opportunity to grab a quick (and delicious, might I add) lunch at The Olive Garden. And after getting to talk without the distraction of little ones, I discovered that she is a very real, very sweet, and very sensitive person. AND she's beautiful. We had a blast comparing life's blessings and challenges and I look forward to meeting up with her again if chance permits. Thanks for the giggles, Heather!

From the time that I first found her blog, Sonja from Wonder Years has amazed me with her genuine kindness, her beautiful writing, and her darling children. Plus, she has GREAT taste in children's names...she also has a Sam and an Anna!! So I was so excited for the chance to meet her in person. We met with kids in tow at the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point...a place that we have never een before, but a place that Sonja and her kids were very familiar with and acted as great tour guides. Sonja is adorable in real life, and such a kind and patient mother.
It was so fun to get to visit in snatches while the kids explored the museum together. I was especially amazed at how much our Sams were alike...they must have been cut from the same cloth. They also presented us with the cutest gift...a card game for the kids to play in the car on the way home. It was so thoughtful and made the long hours in the car a little easier to bear. Thank you for taking the time to explore with us!

Although he is supportive of the idea, Tony thinks I'm a little strange to be so excited about meeting ladies in real life that I have previously met only online. But I know that my life has been enriched by the sweet and kind ladies I have met through our blog. I can't wait for the chance to meet more of you!

If you could meet some of your blog friends, who would they be??

6 comments:

Jaydee and Shaunda said...

Amber,
I just found your blog through Travis and Marisa Kobza's blog. We hope you are doing well. We are doing good. We just had baby #6 last week...Meghan. We have orders to move to Cheyenne in March. We are excited. We have loved Great Falls, but after six years, we are ready to move on.
Shaunda

Montserrat said...

Sonja is wonderful! I had the opportunity to meet her last September along with some other homeschool bloggers. I've never been to Thanksgiving Point either. Looks like we might have to go there next time we visit my folks!

Brent Hope said...

You have a sweet blog. I really like the picture: Patience & Wisdom. I'm glad you got to meet Sonja. I'm a good friend of their family and they are superb people (like no other!).

Jeni said...

Okay I handle you and Heather having lunch....but I would be so jealous to miss a craft night with both of you! :-)

Our Complete Family said...

That is awesome! I'm so glad you got to hang out and enjoy some time with some bloggy-land friends! That is GREAT!

Sydney said...

You would definitely be one of the people I want to meet! Fellow booklover! So if you're ever in or near Wisconsin, or I find myself in Nebraska, I hope we can meet!