Thursday, January 1, 2009

Herb-Roasted Turkey

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve! Megan is back and she'll be hanging out here for a couple days until school starts up again on Monday. And when Megs is here, you know there'll be some cookin' going on! This was fantastic, and so easy your family will think you slaved all.day.long.

Herb-Roasted Turkey

5 lb. turkey breast
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp. pepper

Place turkey breast-side up in a crock-pot; add water. Blend together remaining ingredients in a small bowl; spread over the outside of the turkey. Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours, or on high setting for 4-6 hours.


Happy 2009!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Guess what I got for Christmas...a shiny new silver crock pot!!!! Now ususally I am not so into keeping up with 'The Jones' but when I saw yours and was then asked what I wanted for Christmas I spoke up for one. The one I had was one I bought BEFORE I was even married....embarrasing to use in front of others. So bring on the crock pot recipes!

Jenn said...

Sounds so delicious! I love that it is cooked in the crock pot - super easy.

Jenni said...

That recipe looks wonderful! I am always on the lookout for new crock pot recipes, too! :) Also, your family picture is so cute! :)

Our Complete Family said...

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!
You have the bestest recipes hun!