Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Day

I got the automated call from the school district this morning saying that the few new inches of snow that fell last night and the near freezing temperatures was the perfect recipe for a stay-at-home snow day!


Despite the cold, it really looks beautiful outside. Anna especially loves the flag they attach to the fire hydrant at the end of our driveway...I can imagine why THAT would be necessary. Just ask my friend Jessica about how ill-placed that hydrant is...even when there isn't any snow on the ground. Anna tends to be a little more optimistic about it's use. As a measure. For more snow.

I'm just about done with Christmas cards and today I finished up the last step on all our Christmas thank you cards. The great Martha Stewart snowflake punch was a gift from my mom last year and I used it on our Christmas cards as well this year. She decided she needed one too this year and it was nearly impossible to find. But you can buy the elusive Himalayan snowflake punch here. Use it in good health.

Stay warm out there!!

3 comments:

Bonnie B. said...

the cards are beautiful! just like everything you do. :)

The Brough Family said...

Amber... so fun to have a snow-day (they won't cancel school here unless there's over 18inches!) Hope you enjoy your extra long Thankgiving break with the kids. I'll be thinking of you and counting your friendship as one of my greatest blessings!
Love the thank you notes too! They are beautiful.

Jeni said...

Wow a white Thanksgiving! You should get more snow than us but I am scared of the thought that Korea will be colder than Washington.

Those cards are really pretty...elegant.

I want that large snowflake puch too!

Happy Thanksgiving McIllece Family